Update October 2018: I brought this recipe over from my previous DeliciousLA blog because it’s fall, and this is a great apple recipe!
This weekend has been a bit on the cool side for us in LA, and it was perfect for apple crisp. I haven’t made one for awhile, so I searched the internet for a good recipe, and then modified it ever so slightly to make it my own. It came out delicious (so delicious -that I forgot to photograph it before we ate it!) and I hope you enjoy it
DeliciousLA Apple-Cranberry Crisp
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional : chopped cranberries
- 1 cup oats (I used regular old fashioned, though quick cooking works too!)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- optional : a few shakes of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix sliced apples with white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract (and if desired, chopped cranberries). Pour mixture into a 9×13 pan sprayed with pam or nonstick cooking spray
- In another bowl, combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. I added a few shakes of cinnamon. Melt the butter and then mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes
- Remove from oven, serve on individual plates with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!